An award, for me? Yes! Thank you, Foodeez Junction blog, for nominating me for a Liebster Award. This blog has been an ever evolving project and great learning experience for me and having that recognized is very nice. I’m honored that you thought of 2BlueEyes!
For those of you that don’t know, the Liebster Award is a blogging award focused on new blogs that are growing their readership. The numbers vary depending on who you talk to but generally any blog can be nominated if its readership is less than 1,000 followers. The spirit of the award is similar to chain emails: someone nominates you and you pass in the recognition to bloggers you follow and would like to give a shout out to. Also, as a way for new readers to get to know you better there is a set of questions you should answer in the Liebster Award post and those get passed onto to your nominees.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Display the award on you blog – either in post or in a side bar
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, from the blogger who nominated your
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate between 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have less than 1,000 followers
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award
Questions from Foodeez Junction
- What do you like most while blogging?
- I use blogging as a creative outlet and as a motivation to learn about coding, website creation, and SEO. My blog also acts as a living diary where I can share my experiences and photos with my readers and they can respond to them.
- Who and what keeps you motivated?
- My family and friends keep me motivated as well as my passion for lifelong music participation.
- First five challenges when you started blogging.
- Learning the lingo: what’s a domain? where do you buy one? what’s SEO? and on and on and on….
- Coming up with interesting topics and nice photos to go with them.
- Patience, at first I would publish a post and sit on the edge of my seat waiting for someone to comment!
- Finding similar blogs.
- Building relationships with other bloggers.
- Besides blogging, what do you do in your spare time?
- In my spare time I enjoy playing the clarinet, trying new beer, playing board games, and hanging out with my friends.
- How would you describe yourself?
- I would say I’m a calm person who likes to get out and try new things.
- Which blogger do you find most inspiring?
- I was inspired to start 2BlueEyes after being a regular reader at many big name, big brand blogs. All of the successful blogs I follow offer their readers something, whether its a laugh, wisdom, or advice and I thought, “huh, maybe by sharing my experiences I can help a few people out myself”.
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
- My favorite holiday destination is anywhere outdoors.
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- My biggest accomplishment is serving in the Peace Corps.
- What’s your favourite food?
- My favorite food is pizza with a side of steamed broccoli and goldfish crackers.
- Sweet or Savoury?
- Who and what inspired you to write your blog?
- I had a previous blog for family and friends to stay updated on my Peace Corps service. When I finished in 2014 I took a break from blogging but last fall I decided to pick it back up again. 2BlueEyes is a way for me to continue writing but now I’ve decided to write about anything and everything!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m left handed.
- I love to bake.
- I like making tiny origami cranes.
- би монгол хэл мэднэ (translation: I know Mongolian)
- I prefer cold weather.
- I’ve played the clarinet since I was 8.
- I’m (slowly) learning to knit.
- My nail polish collection is reaching an unhealthy size (60+ bottles).
- I was an English teacher.
- I’ve memorized one poem and it starts out, “30 days hath September, April, June, and November…“
- For my birthday I prefer cookies to cake.
- Adam at Two Second Street
- Molly’s Journey to the West
- Melissa at Midlife Vibe
- Just a Housewife blog
- Basant at Thoughts of a Socially Anxious Extrovert
- Jo at Outlanderly
Questions for My Nominees
- 5 words to describe yourself.
- If you could be animal which one would you choose and why?
- What is one thing you cannot live without?
- What is the last book you read?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What time of day do you write your blog posts?
- What is your goal for your blog?
- Have you ever had to deal with negative comments in a post?
- What is the best memory you have from this year?
- Do you like to sleep in or get up early?
- What is your favorite kind of music?
Thanks again for the Liebster Award nomination. I’m thrilled! And good luck to my bloggers with your nomination. I hope this award inspires you on your blogging journey!