I’ve been nominated for two more blogging awards! Many thanks to Sara from “Foodeez Junction” and Serena at “Serena Joy Sinclair” for your recognition. Their blogs are two that I frequently read and enjoy catching up on! The awards are for inspired and admired blogging. Blogging is my hobby and creative outlet and these awards mean a lot to me. 🙂 Awards usually have specific rules and nomination guidelines but seeing as I’m combining the two into one post I’ve adapted my responses as these two awards go well together. If you’re one of the bloggers I mention feel free to separate the awards or continue my mash-up!
The first award is the Sunshine Blogger Award
Thank you again, Sara, for the blogging award! It’s a bit late posting this but I have a great list of bloggers I want to nominate for this award. This one is especially meaningful as my blog is my hobby and my hope is to make it filled with positivity and fun.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? This is awarded to those bloggers who bring positivity and inspiration to their readers and followers.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees through comments on their blogs.
Questions from Sara
- What is your blog about? My blog is about many things: travel, DIY, Arizona, and general life update
- Why do you blog? It’s a creative outlet for me. Creating and maintaining a blog is a lot of fun for me. I make most of the graphics on my own and I’m using it as a space to learn coding.
- Food to you is…? Delicious! It’s also a way for me to re-create some of my favorite travels. I love making Swedish meatballs and Polish bigos in the winter because it reminds me of the time I spent there!
- Besides blogging, what’s your favourite hobby? This is a tough one….I’ll go with a tie between playing my clarinet and Minecraft.
- Do you plan on making a business out of your blog? That’s every bloggers dream, right? I’d love to turn my blog into a business but it’s not something I’m focused on right now.
- What inspires you to write? My family and friends!
- What is your biggest achievement? My biggest achievement is my time in the Peace Corps.
- What do you day dream about? Mostly, I daydream about all the places I want to visit. Right now I’m itching to stay in one of those over water villas in the Caribbean or the Maldives!
- What is the happiest moment in your life? Getting into college! I didn’t think I would get into UC San Diego but when I got the acceptance email online I remember feeling shocked and overjoyed!
- Do you cook or order food? I try to stay in and cook but honestly it’s difficult with all the delicious restaurants in Phoenix.
- What is the best advice you would give to a newbie (blogger)? Just keep writing! All the other stuff, like graphics and color schemes, will come together over time. People visit your blog for the content. I’m still learning this one myself!
Questions for my Nominees
- What’s your favorite non-blog website?
- What’s your guilty pleasure tv show or movie?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What part of your blog are you the proudest of?
- What are your goals for your blog?
- What is your favorite place on earth?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Are you a planner or spontaneous?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- What is your greatest joy in life?
- If you have free time, what do you do?
The second award is the Blogger Recognition Award
I was nominated for this award by Serena and I’m so happy to receive this from her because her blog is an inspiration to me! Everyone go check out her blog. She posts adorable photos of her cats, wonderful poetry, and a whole host of other things.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award? This is awarded to bloggers that are carving out an inspirational space on the internet.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
How I started my blog and Advice to new bloggers
I’ve been blogging for 6 years but 2 Blue Eyes blog has only been around for about 10 months. Since the beginning, my blogging inspiration has always been to connect with my family, friends, and other bloggers. This current blog of mine is also my guinea pig for learning HTML and graphic design. In the next couple of months I’m getting a new desktop computer and I’m really looking forward to the photo editing and graphic design programs I’ll be able to use!
To newbie bloggers my advice is simple: write from the heart and remember K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid). If your writing is honest and focused you’ll have readers coming back for more! Your blog could be black writing on a white background but if the content is interesting I guarantee people will bookmark your website.
My Nominees for BOTH the Sunshine Blogger and Blogger Recognition awards
- Travels in the Middle East and Beyond
- All Meowed Out
- No Excuses, Just Travel
- Introvert Playground
- An Historian About Town
- Rationalising the Universe
- Jack of All Trades
- Life as We See It
- Lady Ash’s Diwan
- Rambling in the Garden
I’m finding so many great blogs and I’m enjoying them all. Let me know which of my nominees you also like. Happy Blogging, everyone! 🙂