Christmas in New Orleans. That’s where I’ll be spending the holidays this year on my honeymoon!! I am incredibly excited and looking forward to our trip because I have never been to NoLa. Already, my eat/drink/explore list is a mile long.
Whenever I visit a new place I go on an exhausting information search. It usually involves google maps, hashtag searches on Instagram, asking friends and family who have visited my vacation destination, and most importantly books! In preparation for the trip, I want to read a few books that take place in “The Big Easy” and I need your help! Below I’ve got a list going of the internet’s recommendations for books on New Orleans. Is it a good list?
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
- New Orleans, Mon Amour by Andrei Codrescu
- City of Refuge by Tom Piazza
- Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
- Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts
- The World that Made New Orleans by Nate Sublette
- The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
Do you have any other suggestions? If you’re feeling extra helpful…check out my reading list to see what types of books I usually read. I’d love your recommendations!