Goodbye, February! I hardly knew ya (because you were so short in days). Even though February was a fast month, I managed to do a ton of stuff.
Here are some of my February highlights:
- Visited Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend way up in northern Arizona. If you haven’t heard of either place definitely check them out on google. They are perfect examples of Aizona’s natural beauty!
- Saw Matilda the Musical and it was a ton of fun. Roald Dahl was one of my favorite authors as a kid and it was fantastic to see his magical book come to life!
- Watched the Hoop Dancing Competition at the Heard Museum.
- Went to Flagstaff twice and both times we woke up on Sunday morning to it snowing!
- Celebrated Tsagaan Sar (White Moon/Mongolian Lunar New Year) with our Mongolian and Peace Corps friends! (btw…I used to live in Mongolia)
Sar shiniin mend hurgee! Amar baina uu? 🌚 Yesterday, I celebrated Mongolian Lunar New Year with my American and Mongolian friends. We had a great time and I feel lucky I was able to celebrate this wonderful Mongolian holiday. It reminded me of my time living in Mongolia when I was in the Peace Corps. I ate way too many buuz (meat dumplings) and made an exception to my no vodka rule because the bottle was straight from Mongolia. What do you think of our deels? Adam was super hot in his because it is made to be warm enough for a Mongolian winter. Mine is a fall deel and I love the purple and silver contrast with the orange belt. 🌏 Ochigdor, bi amerik naiz mongol naiztai tsagaan sar temdegledeg. Bayar mash ikh baisan! 🎉 . . . . #Mongolia #цагаансар #PeaceCorps #Mongolian #holiday #lunarnewyear #Mongolianculture #гоё #Монгол #дээл #ааруул #Бууз #Чингисархи #instaMongolia #happylunarnewyear #whitemoon #rpcv #thirdgoal #culture #culturalexchange #CentralAsia #travel #Phoenix #Arizona #winter #fashion #AColorStory #blush
How was your February? What are your plans for March? Next month I AM MOVING TO JAPAN! Can’t wait to share everything on the blog.
P.S. You can read my past “Month in Review” posts HERE!
P.P.S. You are welcome to join in on the Month in Review fun. Use the “Month in Review” tag and link back to my post here so I can check out your blog. Happy reflecting!