March was a month of transitions for me. I quit my job, said my goodbyes to family and friends, and moved to Japan! In the process of all that I learned a number of things: 1) do not leave vacating your apartment to the last minute; 2) do not leave selling your furniture, car, etc to the last minute; 3) do not leave closing out utility bills to the last minute; and just to hit it home, 4) DO NOT LEAVE YOUR “MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY” TO-DO LIST TO THE LAST MINUTE. When Adam and I got to the airport in Phoenix last Saturday we were exhausted and shell-shocked. Thank god for our family members who are storing some (okay, many) of our items and a huge thank you to our friends and friends of friends that relieved us of furniture and helped us clear out our apartment. We only lived in Phoenix for two years but where did all of the stuff come from!?!
Other than the physical chaos of packing up and moving, our 24 hours of travel to Japan went so incredibly well I am in awe. Not a single item was lost or damaged. Which is saying something, because we brought an entire desktop computer and PlayStation in our checked bags.
Here are some of my March highlights:
- Quit my job!
- Visited Sedona with Adam’s mom and went on a beautiful hike in Fey Canyon!
- Went to Ohio and NYC to visit my brother and best friend!
- Got caught in snowstorm Stella and had an interesting time trying to get back to Phoenix.
- Went to an Angels spring training game in Tempe and it was so much fun!
- Sold my very first car! So many memories were made with that car but it now belongs to a recently widowed grandma who needs to sit on a pillow to see over the steering wheel.
- Moved to Japan!
And do you remember my A-to-Z Blogging announcement and my intention to write all 26 posts in advance? HA! I am way behind my original goal and this weekend I am determined to sit down and write many of them. Is anyone else participating? How was your March? I hope it was calmer than mine!
P.S. Read my past “Month in Review” posts HERE!
P.P.S. Join in on the Month in Review fun. Use the “Month in Review” tag and link back to my post here so I can check out your blog. Happy reflecting!