Hello! We are having a stretch of rainy days here in Kawagoe, Japan and it has been so nice curling up on the couch with a book and cup of coffee. In between reading and sipping, I decided to write this post. Back in March, Shamim nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Thank you!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award? Originally created by Okoto Enigma, the intent of the award is to, “award…amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” Wow! That is a fantastic idea for a blogging award. I definitely find fun and inspiration in blogging. Those are two of the many reasons I started and continue my blog!
RULES for the nominees
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog post.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
5. Tell readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Answer the questions the blogger gave to you.
7. Nominate 10-20 people.
8. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
9. Ask nominees 5 questions of your choice (one weird/funny question).
10. Share link to your best post(s).
Three things about me
1. I have never broken a bone.
2. I can cross one of my eyes and keep the other straight. It looks very weird.
3. I am left-handed. I’m not sure why but people think this is super interesting.
1. Jason at Garden in a City
2. Ishita at Italophilia
3. Humaira at Creative Life Star
4. Liz at A Lot of World to See
5. Chelsea at One Chel of an Adventure
6. Aviles at Chasing Wanderlust
7. Mark at Change the Code
8. S.K. Chakrabati at Scribble and Scrawl
9. Zoe at Zo Around the World
10. The Sophomore Slump
The questions I’ve been asked
1. What’s one of the most helpful tips you can offer, whether it’s about motivation, living as an expat, or about life in general?
One tip I try to live by is to never stop learning. Whether this means starting a new hobby, learning a new language, or trying a new restaurant continuing to learn is so important. It keeps your mind alert and open.
2. What’s one positive thing about my blog and one thing I can improve on?
I love looking back on my early posts and comparing them to my current posts. I see noticeable improvement with my writing and graphic design. Although, I could post more regularly!
3. Have you ever been caught in an emergency before? If so, what happened? If not, what’s something funny or awkward that’s happened to you?
I thought long and hard about this but, thankfully, I’ve never been caught in an emergency. I do have an embarrassing story! Last winter, I was in New Orleans walking down the cobblestone street eating an ice cream cone when all of a sudden my foot caught on a cobblestone, tripping me and causing me to fall on the ground. The saddest part was I almost saved the ice cream but at the last second I dropped it. At the time, my knee stung and I was upset about losing my dessert but looking back it must have been so funny to watch!
4. What motivates you to wake up the hour you wake up and get through the day?
Wow, this is a deep question! I usually wake up around 8 every day. I am a night owl and go to bed close to midnight. I am motivated to learn and share my adventures with my family and friends. That is why I blog!
5. If you were given the option to choose one country in the world to live in, which would it be?
I would choose Canada or Sweden. I have been to both countries and have friends from them. Both have cold weather, which I love, and beautiful scenery!
I’d like my nominees to answer the following questions
1. Who is your role model?
2. What is the last dessert you ate?
3. If you could be an animal, which one would you be?
4. What is your favorite place to travel to?
5. What is the last book you read?
My Best Post
Thank you for reading my blog! I find blogging awards so much fun. They are a fantastic way to find quality blogs and a great way to get to know the authors. I hope you enjoy the wonderful bloggers I have nominated today!