Ladies and gentleman, I can confirm that July in Japan truly is hot and humid. And people keep telling me that July’s weather is just a preview for August. Pray for me. This time last year I lived in Phoenix, Arizona. Both places share high summer temperatures but they are total opposites when it comes to moisture levels. Here in Japan I walk outside and it feels like I’m stepping into the shower. Whereas stepping outside in Arizona felt like opening the oven door to Mordor.
Despite the less than ideal weather, and I promise I’m done talking about it for now, July was a great month.
Here are some of my July highlights:
- Our third visitor came to Japan and we had so much fun playing both tour guide for and tourist with him. Check out our baseball pic below!
- Experienced my first two earthquakes since moving here. The second one of which woke me up in the morning!
- Bought a few things at UNIQLO and I wrote about a cool thing they use in their changing rooms.
- Had a few meet-ups with friends. My favorite was gathering in the local park to play ultimate frisbee.
- Landed a job teaching online English. I’m glad to be setting my own work hours!
- Exploring more of Tokyo, this time going up to the 45th floor of the City Government building and witnessing just how huge Japan’s capital is!
- Last but not least, we took a couple trains out into the Japanese countryside and went on a hike to Gojo Falls! The link to my YouTube vid is below!
How was your month? What did you get up to?
P.S. Read my past “Month in Review” posts HERE!
P.P.S. Join in on the Month in Review fun. Use the “Month in Review” tag and link back to my post here. I would love to check out your blog. Happy reflecting!