September was a whirlwind of a month for me! It started out with a week-long trip to Seoul, South Korea which was a ton of fun. We ate so much delicious food, saw the sights, and even went on a tour of the DMZ. Then I started my new job with 51Talk and got paid for the first time, woohoo! To be honest, I wasn’t really looking forward to starting this job. Living abroad and not speaking the local language makes job searching difficult. Luckily, my previous TESOL experience allows me to find online work easily. Luckily, my new job has been going very well and I am actually enjoying it! My students are adorable and because they are elementary school age they are all super excited to be learning.
Here are some of my September highlights:
- Technically, stepped foot in North Korea on our DMZ tour.
- Played 2-player Settlers of Catan almost nightly. Adapted 2-player rules HERE!
- Saw fields of spider lilies out in Chichibu.
- Found a cheap shiatsu massage place near the apartment. 1 hour=$30. I have a rewards card already!
- Visited Penny Candy Lane in Kawagoe. They make beautiful sugar candies!
- Opened a library card and started reading A Wild Sheep Chase by Huraki Murakami. The book is super weird, it is magical realism after all, but fun.
An early #tbt with some photos from my recent trip to Seoul. Specifically, our morning walk through Bukchon Hanok Village. 🇰🇷 We got to see an amazing view of the historic Korean village. The observatory was on the 4th floor of an old Korean man's home. He was reading the newspaper when we got to the top of the stairs and was seemingly alone….until we noticed his 8 parrots. #birdman 🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦 Enjoy! . . . . . #SouthKorea #travel #Asia #history #architecture #acolorstory
How was your month? What did you get up to?
P.S. Read my past “Month in Review” posts HERE!
P.P.S. Join in on the Month in Review fun. Use the “Month in Review” tag and link back to my post here. I would love to check out your blog. Happy reflecting!